Dr. Jersak can provide clients with various types of consulting support (including related deliverables) on sediment projects at different stages of development and maturity – from initial characterization/assessment to remedy design/implementation and post-remedy monitoring.
This includes support and assistance within the following specific areas:
- Consultation on overall project strategy.
- Project planning and scoping, including establishing project goals.
- Developing and implementing work plans, e.g. sampling and analysis plans.
- Critical data review, assessment and reporting.
- Site and sediment characterization to support remedy selection, including designing and/or assisting in assessments of:
- Contaminant source(s), both land- and water-based.
- Sediment characteristics, chemical and physical.
- Groundwater influences.
- Erosional versus depositional regimes.
- Designing/managing different types of laboratory studies (bench-top, mesocosm, column scales).
- Feasibility studies to develop, evaluate and compare candidate remedial alternatives (in-situ and ex-situ).
- Designing/managing pilot-scale projects to evaluate site-specific performance and costs of selected candidate remedies.
- Designing/implementing full-scale capping (including treatment) remedies, key elements including:
- Selecting the remedial strategy, e.g. isolation vs thin-layer capping (in-situ treatment).
- Screening and selection of conventional and/or innovative materials for capping or treatment.
- Cap or treatment design.
- Quality control during manufacture and/or handling of capping/treatment materials or products.
- Screening and selection of equipment/techniques for material placement.
- Field management and oversight/documentation of remedy implementation.
- Designing/implementing construction and post-remedy performance monitoring programs.
- Monitoring program results – critical data review, assessment and reporting.